Jump to: General, Art, Business, Computing, Medicine, Miscellaneous, Religion, Science, Slang, Sports, Tech, Phrases
We found 7 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word shadbird:
Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "shadbird" is defined.
General (6 matching dictionaries)
- Shadbird, shadbird: Dictionary.com [home, info]
- Shadbird: Online Plain Text English Dictionary [home, info]
- shadbird: Webster's Revised Unabridged, 1913 Edition [home, info]
- Shadbird: AllWords.com Multi-Lingual Dictionary [home, info]
- shadbird: Free Dictionary [home, info]
- Shadbird: Dictionary/thesaurus [home, info]
Medicine (1 matching dictionary)
- shadbird: online medical dictionary [home, info]
Quick definitions (shadbird)|
(n.) The American, or Wilson's, snipe. See under Snipe. So called because it appears at the same time as the shad.
(n.) The common European sandpiper.
(This definition is from the 1913 Webster's Dictionary and may be outdated.)
▸ Words similar to shadbird